When an earthquake strikes, you want peace of mind knowing that the cost to repair your mobilehome and replace your belongings are covered.
Did you know? Most mobilehome owners policies don't cover earthquake damage. You need a separate earthquake insurance policy to protect your home and your belongings. With more coverage choices, more deductible options, and more affordable rates, you can find the policy that best fits your needs and budget.
Choose between two policies
With a California Earthquake Authority (CEA) mobilehome owners earthquake insurance policy, you can choose coverages and deductibles you need. We offer two policies for mobilehome owners:
- Homeowners Choice offers coverage for your mobilehome, building code upgrades and emergency repairs. We also offer optional personal property coverage for your belongings, and loss of use, which can pay for additional living expenses if you have to live elsewhere due to earthquake damage. Homeowners Choice is flexible—you choose the coverages and options you need.
- Standard Homeowners bundles all of the coverages we offer into one package: home, personal property, building code upgrades, the additional costs to live elsewhere due to earthquake damage (Loss of Use), and emergency repairs.
Choose the policy that provides the coverage and deductible options you want:
|Coverage||Homeowners Choice||Standard Homeowners|
|Building Code Upgrade (Costs to bring your home up to current building code while making covered repairs)||Included||Included|
|Personal Property (belongings)||Optional||Included|
|Loss of Use (Costs exceeding your current housing expenses, to live elsewhere if your home is uninhabitable after an earthquake.)||Optional||Included|
Ready for the next step?
- Use our premium calculator to get an estimate of how much your policy may cost.
- Learn more about our policy Coverages and Deductibles and Rates and Premiums.
- To purchase a CEA policy, you must have a mobilehome owners insurance policy from one of our participating insurance companies.
- You can also download a Mobilehome Owners Brochure.pdf , or order policy brochures online.
Read your CEA policy carefully
We encourage you to read your entire CEA policy to see what is covered and what is not. Exclusions and special limits apply.
All details, limits, and conditions of CEA coverages are found in CEA insurance policies. Refer to a Sample Policy, below, for the full terms and definitions.