Rates and Premiums
CEA is focused on offering customers the best rates
- California Earthquake Authority (CEA) rates are based on science, not profit. We use the best science available to determine competitive earthquake insurance rates.
- We are not-for-profit, publicly managed, and privately funded. Our Governing Board of elected state officials ensures our rates are as low as possible while remaining financially sound.
Do you already have a policy with a start date in 2015? Learn more about your policy.
Some commonly asked questions about our rates and premiums
- Q: How much does a CEA policy cost?
A: The minimum annual premium for a CEA Condominium Owners Policy is $35. Various factors determine your premium, such as:
- Earthquake risk where you live.
- The policy coverages and deductibles you choose.
- Q: Will CEA be able to pay all of its claims if there is an earthquake?
- A: CEA has a claim-paying capacity of more than $13 billion. Also:
Read your CEA policy carefully
We encourage you to read your entire CEA policy to understand what is covered and what is not. Exclusions and special limits apply. Your condo owners insurance agent can answer any questions.
All details, limits, and conditions of CEA coverages are found in CEA insurance policies. Refer to a Sample Policy, below, for current CEA policy language.