We have the right earthquake policies for you to recommend to your customers!
When an earthquake strikes, your customers want peace of mind knowing that the costs to repair their home and replace their belongings are covered. With California Earthquake Authority's (CEA) new, more flexible policy choices, you can offer your policyholders options that fit their needs and budgets.
CEA offers two policies for homeowners:
- Homeowners Choice offers coverage for your customer's dwelling, emergency repairs, and building code upgrades (to bring their house up to current building codes while making covered repairs). Optional coverages are available for personal property (with its own, separate deductible that's waived if the Dwelling deductible is met) and loss of use, which has no deductible. Dwelling is required, and customers can choose other coverages, limits and deductibles to best meet their needs and budgets.
- Standard Homeowners bundles all coverages into one package: dwelling (including emergency repairs and building code upgrades), Personal Property, and Loss of Use. Coverages, except Loss of Use (which has no deductible) are subject to the Dwelling deductible.
|Coverage||Homeowners Choice||Standard Homeowners|
|Building Code Upgrade||Included||Included|
|Loss of Use||Optional||Included|
Does your client have a CEA earthquake policy with a start date in 2015? Learn more about their policy.
Ready to Sell?
- Find out more about our expanded coverage options and deductibles, and rates and premiums.
- Use our premium calculator to get a policy premium estimates for your customers.
- To sell a CEA policy, you must be an agent appointed by or working with a CEA participating insurance company.
- You can also download a Homeowners Brochure.pdf, or order policy brochures for your customers in multiple languages.
- Get FREE training and earn 2 CE credits! We offer free, in-person agent training, instructor-led webinars and online training on our earthquake policies.
- Find more details in our Homeowners Choice.pdf and standard Homeowners.pdf policy samples.
- Find out more about our optional breakables coverage in our Optional Endorsement - Coverage For Breakables.pdf policy sample.
- Find out more about our optional veneer coverage in our Optional Endorsement - Coverage For Exterior Masonry Veneer.pdf policy sample.
Have more questions?
For more information, please contact:
CEA Customer Service