Do you have customers who live in a condo unit or other common-interest development property? A California Earthquake Authority (CEA) earthquake policy can cover what a condo unit homeowners policy or HOA policy may not.
As you know, HOA master earthquake policies usually don't cover damage to personal belongings or the inside of a condo. Many associations also require owners to pay a share of exterior or common area repair costs or help pay the HOA master policy’s deductible, both through a loss assessment.
Let your condo-unit customers know they can get a separate CEA condo-unit earthquake insurance policy to help cover these costs—so they can repair, replace and recover.
Coverage options for condo-unit owners
CEA gives condo-unit owners many coverage/limit choices and deductible options for earthquake insurance. Coverages can be purchased separately or in available combinations:
|Coverage||Condo Unit Policy|
|Building Code Upgrade||Included (when Building Property or Loss Assessment coverage is purchased)|
|Personal Property and Loss of Use||Optional|
|Emergency Repairs||Included (when Building Property or Personal Property is purchased)|
Does your client have a CEA earthquake policy with a start date in 2015? Learn more about their policy.
Ready to Sell?
- Find out more about our expanded coverage options and deductibles, and rates and premiums.
- Use our premium calculator to get a policy premium estimates for your customers.
- To sell a CEA policy, you must be an agent appointed by or working with a CEA participating insurance company.
- You can also download a Condo Owners Brochure.pdf, or order policy brochures for your customers in multiple languages.
- Get FREE training and earn 2 CE credits! We offer free, in-person agent training, instructor-led webinars and online training on our earthquake policies.
- Find more details in our Condo unit policy sample.
- Find out more about our optional breakables coverage in our Optional Endorsement - Coverage For Breakables.pdf policy sample.
Have more questions?
For more information, please contact:
CEA Customer Service