2016 Policy Changes
It's a new day at the CEA!
CEA has rolled out some great new features for your customers in 2016. With a new statewide average rate reduction of 10 percent, new expanded coverages and higher limits, and more deductible options, now is the time to offer your customers the benefits and affordability of earthquake protection.
New Policy Options in 2016!
Starting this year, all policies have:
- More deductible options: 5%, 10%, 15%, 20% and 25%
- Personal Property limits now go up to $200,000
- New $100,000 Loss of Use limit option
- New optional Breakables coverage for personal property such as dishes and ceramics
Learn more about our new policy features for 2016:
Homeowners and Mobilehome
- Chimney coverage has been increased from $5,000 to $10,000.
- Energy Efficient and Environmental Safety Replacement Upgrades coverage is now included as a $25,000 sublimit.
- The $10,000 Building Code Upgrade limit has also been extended to Mobilehome policies. Customers may choose new optional limits of $20,000 or $30,000.
For homeowners, increased
Hazard Reduction Discount of up to 20% is available for older, eligible houses that have been retrofitted to reduce earthquake damage.
- Mobilehome owners are still eligible for up to a 23% Hazard Reduction Discount.
- Homeowners can choose new, optional coverage for exterior masonry veneer (previously excluded).
Expanded coverage limits for Building Property, Personal Property and Loss Assessment
- Building Property and Loss Assessment expanded limit options up to $100,000
- Personal Property coverage now available in limits up to $200,000
- New 5%, 10%, 15%, 20% and 25% deductibles
- Chimney limit increased from $5,000 to $10,000
- New $10,000 for Energy Efficient and Environmental Safety Replacement Upgrades
- Personal Property coverage is now available in limits up to $200,000.
- Loss of Use coverage limits are now available up to $100,000.
- And, we have new deductible options of 5%, 10%, 15%, 20% and 25%, replacing the flat $750 deductible.